Compliance: Who Cares?
In this Shockwave Solutions podcast episode, we’re joined by Damon Wright & Ryan Poteet of Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani as we help navigate tons of compliance topics from Price Gouging during COVID-19 and FDA/FTC complaints to better ways to navigate marketing claims without landing in jail or spending massive amounts on legal fees.
Stick around to the end to hear about a simple way to dramatically speed up marketing launch and also eliminate 50% of common legal review expenses.
Click HERE to listen to Compliance: Who Cares?
Here are some highlights of this phenomenal episode:
How COVID-19 has impacted the digital marketing industry:
- Internet activity has gone through the roof! This is good news for digital marketers, since we live in this space and we are in the position to help consumers.
- Take a look at the Amazon statistics for March 2020:
- 9 out of the top 10 searches on Amazon had to do with the Coronavirus
- Hand sanitizer searches skyrocketed from 90k in February 1st to over a million in March 1st
- There was a 433% percent rise in searches for survival-related products
Marketing Hope vs Marketing Fear:
- It is wise to market for the times we live in and acknowledge the pandemic
- However, when choosing a strategy it’s best to market hope rather than fear. Here’s why:
- From a compliance perspective, there’s way less scrutiny if your marketing is not touching on the fears of consumers
- It’s easier to evade claims in your copy that might get you in trouble
- Marketers have the unique challenge to create provocative and evocative copy for these times.
A variety of major topics were discussed in this special episode. Check out what the experts have to say about:
- The perils of Price Gouging & Hoarding
- How to substantiate and market your product’s claims
- How to market supplements without running into trouble with any agency
- What to include in the Terms & Conditions
- How to keep on the good side of the FDA and FTC
Click HERE to listen to this podcast episode
Damon Wright and Ryan Pootet have graciously offered to share their E-Commerce Legal Guide, an essential resource for any digital marketer who wants to protect their business and their customers.
For more information about our guests Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani or to get a copy of the E-Commerce Legal Guide, please email email@example.com
Author: Emma Rainville